Growing a Good Taster means encouraging your children to explore new foods with all of their senses…all the time.
- Does this soup need more garlic?
- Taste this yogurt and tell me if you think Daddy will like it.
- Let’s put some fruit on the table that matches the color of the tablecloth. Should we use the red or the green grapes?
- Can you find the single pea that I put in your mashed potatoes?
When You’re Out & About
- Can you smell the bread baking? What do you think that bread would taste like?
- Look at this package of fruit strips. What does the package make you think is inside? Let’s find out if you’re right.
In the Grocery Store
- Let’s buy 2 different pears. Which do you think will be the crunchiest? The sweetest? Why?
- Let’s taste those samples!
At a Restaurant
- Look at this black bean. It came with my taco. Let’s squish it with a fork (or your finger).
- Does this chicken taste like the kind I make at home?
- Let’s make beards with this whipped cream.
- Which do you think will roll faster: the frozen pea or the thawed pea? Let’s find out.
~Changing the conversation from nutrition to habits.~